PVC Activator Tablets
Used in the Malcomizing Process of stainless steel, the PVC activator tablets are made of film grade 99.9% pure polyvinyl chloride. They are used in the gas nitriding process methods of activation of stainless steel surfaces. The formation of HCN gas forms a nitrided layer, carburized layer, or carbonitrided layer on the surface of steel. This layer provides a wear and fatigue resistant 'hard case' for the steel components.
- Precise control of chemical potential of nitrogen in the nitriding atmosphere by controlling gas flow rate of nitrogen and oxygen.
- All round nitriding effect (can be a disadvantage in some cases, compared with plasma nitriding).
- Large batch sizes possible - the limiting factor is furnace size and gas flow.
- With modern computer control of the atmosphere, the nitriding results can be closely controlled.
- Relatively low equipment cost - especially when compared with plasma.
290 mg tablets are in stock for immediate delivery!